Sunday, December 7, 2008

CasualTranscriber Development is wrapping up

I worked on CasualTranscriber a little more and I finally found a major source of crash. It crashes less now (I hope). I also added a separate player in case someone might want to use controller for your movie playback (such as in class). I also found that OS X can handle MS Word format (only text), so I added a function to handle MS Word document.

I personally think this is a program to help transcription and adding subtitles is a secondary feature, but I looks like my friend uses this primarily for adding subtitles. So I spent a little more time to add subtitles in a different format (not as a text track).

I hope this program is useful for more people. Intended users are language teachers and conversation analysts.

No comments: