Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cumulative bug fixes and feature additions to CasualConc beta

I haven't posted anything here for a while because I've been busy with developing a new version of CasualConc and preparing for the classes I start teaching next month. 

In the last few months, I added a few new features and fixed bugs (mostly the ones I introduced when I added these new features).

Bug fixes

General
- searching multiple words/phrases in Word (wildcard) mode using a slash (/) matched words/phrases that included searched words/phrases

Concord
- keyword was not correctly colored in the context view when searched in the database mode with File as Scope of Context
- keyword was not colored correctly in the context view when used in the database mode (introduced with the above change)
- saved results did not display correctly

Feature additions

Concord
- added positions in a file as an sort option when File is selected as Scope of Context

File info
- added standardized TTR (TTR in every 1000 words)

Concordance Plot
- you can reflect the changes you made to Concord results
- able to export selected/all plots as a single PDF file.


If you find any other bugs or want to see some other features, please let me know.  I'll try to fix bugs as soon as possible and I will try to add requested features as much as possible (unless they are technically too difficult).

3 comments:

jsh said...

Thanks for all your work. I really find CasualConc quite helpful and friendly. Will be in touch in the future. :)

Yasu said...

Thank you, jsh.

I hope CasualConc to be useful for you. I'm looking forward to hear what you think of CasualConc.

jsh said...

I just presented in a conference over the weekend (Spanish in the United States - Sacramento, CA) on some corpus-supported discourse analysis and CC was a very helpful tool to explore and explain some of my developing results of my learner corpus. I look forward to future versions of this program. :)