Monday, September 28, 2009

CasualPConc 0.7 and a new application

I made a few changes and fixed a few bugs on CasualPConc, a simple parallel concordancer for Mac OS X.  It is a little more stable now.  I also worked on the documentation.  Now it covers most of the features.

A new application is based on CasualPConc.  When I first released CasualPConc, someone asked if I would make it to handle more than two corpora.  This is kind of my answer to that.  CasualMultiPConc has limited features, but it can handle up to 5 parallel corpora. 

This new application simply does kwic concordance of up to 5 parallel corpora.  The future of this application is up to users (if there's any).  I don't have any experience in parallel corpus analysis and I don't need to use it right now, so I'm not even sure how well this works.  I only use small corpora to test it.  If you are interested in testing it, any feedback is welcome.  This one is also for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or later, though I only tested it on 10.6 Snow Leopard.

This application and CasualPConc are only on English site (Main Site link on the right).  Both of them are under Other Applications. 

No comments: