Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bug fix and few final touch to CasualTranscriber

I found a bug when I was showing it to someone today. When I added a function to dynamically change menu items based on Preference settings (App Mode), I set some of them to turn off when they should be on. I think I fixed this. I also changed the time stamp insertion. I finally figured out how to override link clicking behavior (links open with a browser by default). So now you can click time stamp on the Editor to go to the time on the movie/sound clip. You can still select the time code and use shortcut (you don't need to use a mouse in this way). The latest version is 0.9.9.1.

But today, my friend showed me there IS software just like CasualTranscriber... It is called InqScribe. Well, what's shocking was it looks almost the same as CasualTranscriber. I mean the layout, functions, etc. I haven't tried it (it's $99 with 30-day free trial, $39 for students), so I don't know how good it is, but it would probably better considering its price and how much time I spent on CasualTranscriber (less than three weeks). So if you are more interested in adding subtitles, you might want to take a look at it. Probably the only advantage of CasualTranscriber is the cost...

Anyway, if you try CasualTranscriber, I'd really like to hear from you. And because there aren't many users (prabably only a few), your feature request might be taken seriously unless it's too complicated for me to handle.

No comments: