Wednesday, April 23, 2008

CasualConc launched!!

I finally found someone who got interested in using CasualConc!!. I was just surfing the web looking for info on concordancing on Mac. Though I'm developing CasualConc, if I can find better more flexible concordancer for Mac, I'm happy to use it. The only problem will be I can't make the changes I want. Anyway, I found a blog that was describing poor concordance software situation on Mac, so I posted a comment and he replied to it and wrote he downloaded CasualConc. He wrote he would post the impression of CasualConc on his blog, so I'm really looking forward to it and at the same time I'm a bit nervous. I think CasualConc at its beta state works ok for my casual use right now (mostly searching for collocation of words I want to use in my paper). With database mode, it's fast enough to use regularly. And because I wrote the program, I know how to use it, but I'm wondering how easy or difficult CasualConc is for others. I've been adding contents to the documentation. But at some point, I might need to work on step-by-step instruction of how to use it. Well, this will only happen if more people are interested and start using CasualConc.

If you ever find CasualConc and use it, any comments are welcome!

No comments: